Albertsons Companies and Tom Thumb Foundation funds organizations that strengthen the neighborhoods we serve. Please see below for our guidelines and other important information on our grants process.
We support nonprofit organizations whose mission is aligned with our priority areas:
- Health and Human Services
- Youth and Education
- Supporting Diversity and Inclusion of All Abilities
We review applications biannually – in January and July. At the close of the application process, it typically takes us at least 8 WEEKS to review and get back to you.
Organizations we fund must serve the community where we operate. To learn more about our operating area, please either select your store by clicking ‘Change’ at the top of this website or view our online map at Albertsons.com.
From time to time, we release special RFP opportunities by invitation only for specific causes we identify as priorities.
Outside of a specific RFP, a first-time funded organization will typically receive a grant of $1,000 to $5,000. Once we have some history with an organization, we will entertain a request at a higher value.
Although we would love to help everyone, the Foundation generally does not fund:
- Individuals or for-profit organizations
- Political organizations or activities
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Capital or building campaigns
- Advocacy programs
- Meetings, conferences or workshops
- Sports teams or athletic competitions
- Other foundations or granting organizations
- Fundraising dinners, galas, and events. We generally do not sponsor these events because the sponsorship is not fully deductible and because we prefer that our funds go directly to program services rather than offsetting event expenses.